Florida requires all prospective online notaries to complete a two-hour RON course, which is included in our online notary package. The course covers the benefits of remote online notarizations, how the process works, key legal requirements and your duties and obligations as an online notary.
A full list of the course modules can be found below.
- Requirements to Become an Online Notary Public
- Audio-Visual Requirements
- Identity Confirmation Requirements
- Remote Online Notarization Procedure
- Witnesses to a Remote Online Notarization
- Record Keeping
- Special Considerations
- Making Copies of an Electronic Record
- Remote Online Service Provider Functions
- Review of Course Material
The RON course ends with a multiple-choice final exam. You must score at least 70% to receive your certificate of completion, but you have unlimited attempts to pass.