The notary public commission packet will be mailed once your application has been approved and after you have passed the background check.
The notary public commission packet includes:
- A cover letter with instructions
- Filing instructions
- A notary public commission certificate
- Two Notary Public Oath and Certificate of Filing forms
- A Certificate of Authorization to Manufacture Notary Public Seals; and
- A list of Authorized Manufacturers of Notary Public Seals
Renewals: If you took the exam at least six weeks prior to the expiration date on your current notary public commission, your new notary public commission will not be sent to you more than 30 days before the expiration date.
Once the notary public commission packet has been received, the next step is to provide notaries.com with a copy of your commission certificate and original letter of authorization so we can create your bond and notary supplies.